Paying for a service that you don’t use much is considered to be a waste of money. There are a lot of services that you don’t require but you are still paying for its subscription every month unnecessarily. Sometimes you may not be knowing how to cancel your subscription and this may lead you to waste your money. Many people have subscribed to Google’s Youtube TV. However, recently Google increased their Youtube Tv subscription fee from $40 to $49.99 per month. Therefore, many people were not very happy with this hike. Many preferred to cancel Youtube tv subscription rather than paying extra money every month. However, many people may not be aware of how to cancel a Youtube Tv subscription. But now you need not worry at all. Here you will get to know how you can cancel your Youtube Tv membership.
Steps to How to Cancel YouTube TV Subscription
Follow these simple steps to cancel Youtube Tv subscription:
- First of all, you need to open the Youtube Tv App on your device or browse the tv.youtube.com. As you open the app, you will see your google account avatar. Click on this avatar to proceed further.
- On your computer, you will directly click on the settings when you click on the avatar. On your Youtube Tv mobile app, you need to first select your Google account linked with your Youtube Tv subscription. Now after signing in with your Google account click on the Settings.
- Next on the Settings menu, you will see the “Membership” option on the top.
- Here on the Membership menu list, you will be able to see details of your Youtube Tv subscription and other Add-on memberships. Here, just below the Youtube Tv option, you will see the “Deactivate Membership” option. Click on this option.
- On the next page, Google will ask you if you would like to pause your membership for a few weeks instead of canceling the Youtube Tv subscription. If you choose to pause your membership you will be able to stop your Youtube Tv subscription for 24 weeks. If you want to avail of this option then click on the “Pause Membership” option. Keep in mind that whenever you revive your Youtube Tv membership you will again be charged $49.99 per month for the service. If you wish to continue to the cancelation of your subscription then click on the Cancel option and proceed further.
- On the next page, you will be asked the reason behind your cancelation. Google tries to solve the issue due to which you are opting to cancel your Youtube Tv subscription. It also helps in getting feedback about their services. You need to select an option before proceeding further. After choosing an appropriate reason click on the Next button.
- On the next page, you need to click on the “Cancel Youtube Tv” if you finally want to cancel your subscription. If you wish to change your mind and continue with the Youtube Tv subscription then click on the “Nevermind”.
- Once you click on the Cancel button you will receive an email confirmation regarding your Youtube Tv Membership Cancellation. The email will have all the information like how long you can access Youtube Tv services, etc.
- Google deletes all your saved programs and settings after 21 days. However, Youtube Tv still saves all your account settings and preferences. Whenever you decide to revive your Youtube Tv subscription future then Google will know which programs you had saved and recorded earlier.